Today I read a post by Teleporting Weena who got the questions from Sarah . Since I’m not feeling like housework and have to wait for the clothes in the dryer to finish, I thought I’d play with the first group of questions from Weena – she included three sets, but maybe I’ll spread them out a little. The first set goes lke this:
1. If you lived in a house made of jello, what flavor would it be? Any particular reason?
I occasionally eat jello, usually with fruit in it for a summer salad/dessert kind of thing, but living in it? Nah, I don’t think I’d like that. I really prefer my house be more stable, less wiggly and prone to melting. But, if I must choose a flavor, I’ll go with cherry or strawberry.
2. What is your first reaction when someone knocks on your door?
I go answer it, sometimes wishing I had not. Many years ago, I lived in a neighborhood where an older gentleman lived, and he used to wander around during the day looking for someone to visit with. I’d stand where I could not be seen and not answer the door on the days when I had things I needed to get done to avoid losing half of the day.
3. Does a blue sky or blue ocean make you happier? Why?
I love the blue sky, but the blue ocean makes me happier. There’s a sense of peace that I get from large bodies of water, most especially the ocean, and the sound of the waves lapping on the shore.
4. If you were out enjoying a beautiful day and suddenly it started raining, what would you do?
If it was a warm day, I’d stand and enjoy the feel of the cool raindrops on my skin. Then I’d go inside and enjoy the sound of the raindrops.
5. Whose name makes you smile as soon as you hear it? Care to share why?
My kids’ names, close friends’ names, my dog’s name – because I love them all.
6. Dog, cat, fish, or rabbit?
I’ve had all of them and enjoyed each and every one. Fish require more work than I’d want to take on now, mainly because I like salt water tanks. Rabbits chew too many things although the one I had was trained to go out the doggy door to potty. Dogs and cats are my preference. I have a dog now, and when she goes I’ll probably adopt an older cat from the Humane Society.
7. What’s your favorite mode of travel?
Weena chose a teleportation machine and that sounds pretty good, but I’m not sure I’d handle the lack of control very well. There aren’t many modes of travel nowadays that are as enjoyable as I think they used to be, flying most notably. A car trip with a friend/friends is good, and a train trip would be good if I had a sleeper room.
8. If you had to stay up all night by yourself in a deserted building, what would you spend the time doing?
I did that once in Union Station in Chicago, although it wasn’t truly desserted – there were others there, somewhere, but hearing echoes of footsteps was more unnerving than complete quiet would have been. It’s not my favorite idea for a good time.
9. Running in the rain or running in the gym? (Even if you don’t run! ha!)
I don’t run. But if I were going to, I’d go for the rain over a gym. Better yet, on an ocean beach.
10. To stand alone on a mountain peak or dance in a crowded club.
Many years ago when I was a much younger single, dancing in a crowded club was a good time. Now, however, standing alone on a mountain peak would be so much better.
Now a photo I took last week from my daughter’s new living room. I love her rental house.