I just read Mel’s answers to this post, and decided to go for it too. I saw it earlier on Teleporting Weena, but it was early morning and since I had not yet done those jobs I’d assigned myself, I pretty much skimmed over it. Sorry, Barbara.
First the questions – something Mel does that I like, so I’m adopting this too.
1. Do you make your bed every morning?
2. What was your first car?
3. What two grocery items do you never run out of?
4. At what age did you start doing your laundry?
5. If you could, would you go back to high school?
6. Can you parallel park in under three moves?
7. A job you had which people would be shocked to know you once had?
8. Do you think aliens are real?
9. Can you drive a stick shift?
10. Guilty TV pleasure?
12. If the world ends do you want to be one of survivors?
13. Sweet or salty?
14. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice hot bath?
15. Do you consider yourself a strong person?
16. Something people do that drives you nuts?
17. Do you have any birthmarks?
18. Favorite childhood game?
19. Do you talk to yourself?
20. Do you like doing jigsaw puzzles?
21. Tea or coffee?
22. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?
23. Favorite game now?
Now the questions with answers:
1. Do you make your bed every morning? More or less. All I keep on my bed, besides the bottom sheet, is a sheet and a comforter, so it’s very easy to simply straighten out each morning.
2. What was your first car? Oh gosh, a car my first husband and I bought right after we got married, a 1940 something Studebaker. Somewhere I have a photo, but I’d have to look for it because I’m not sure where the darn thing is stored, if I even have a digital copy.
3. What two grocery items do you never run out of? Flour – I have 3 kinds, so although I might run out of one, the other 2 are still there – and rice – because I like brown rice and use it along with beans a lot.
4. At what age did you start doing your laundry? Hmm, I’m going to guess somewhere around 16. Whatever year it was my father had a stroke which disabled him and my mother went to work.
5. If you could, would you go back to high school? No, I don’t think so. I think once was enough.
6. Can you parallel park in under three moves? When I’m being very lucky. Actually, I rarely parallel park, but it seems to me last time I did it, I did it within 3 moves.
7. A job you had which people would be shocked to know you once had? Don’t think I ever had a job that would shock people. My very first job other than babysitting was stocking a drugstore’s shelves. That didn’t last long because it turned out the guy running the place wasn’t terribly honorable.
8. Do you think aliens are real? I think they well could be, and I think they probably wonder what went wrong. We had such promising beginnings.
9. Can you drive a stick shift? Nope. Never tried. Don’t want to.
10. Guilty TV pleasure? Probably my primary TV pleasure is HGTV or Food Network, although neither are really guilty pleasures. I don’t watch a lot of other things on regular broadcast TV, I tend to stream most of my other viewing entertainment. I lean towards the BritBox shows for streaming and Netflix for documentaries. I just started watching Bloodline on Netflix, and it looks promising too.
11. Tattoos? One, on my ankle. My daughter’s influence.
12. If the world ends do you want to be one of survivors? Nope.
13. Sweet or salty? Both, either/or. Depends upon the mood of the moment.
14. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice hot bath? The concept always appeals to me, but when I’ve actually tried it, the water gets colder than I like too quickly and I get bored.
15. Do you consider yourself a strong person? I think I’ve had to be, so yes, I think I’m pretty strong.
16. Something people do that drives you nuts? Exist. In extreme cases. I could name one, but I’ll stay away from politics right now.
17. Do you have any birthmarks? No, at least not externally.
18. Favorite childhood game? Did we play real games when I was a kid? I don’t remember. Favorite quite young childhood activity was splashing in mud puddles (my mother loved that) – as I got a little older, bike riding, swimming, reading.
19. Do you talk to yourself? Of course not. When I’m talking at home it’s always to the dog or the cats. Uh huh.
20. Do you like doing jigsaw puzzles? Like most things, I go through phases. Sometimes I do, other times I don’t have the patience.
21. Tea or coffee? Both. Start the day with coffee, in cool weather I switch to tea for the afternoon. In warm weather, it’s water.
22. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up? I wanted to be an airline stewardess. In my youth, my only knowledge about that job was from movies, so it seemed quite glamorous to me. Then I grew too tall, which was probably a good thing, because I’m pretty sure I’d be the one spilling everything on passengers.
23. Favorite game now? I really don’t have friends that play games now. So I guess it would have to be digital solitaire.
Wondering now if there’s anything you don’t know about me.