I haven’t done this in awhile, but it’s a chilly, rainy day – a good day to stay inside and bake bread, but I did that yesterday, so I’ll join Melanie and the rest of you in sharing more of my world.
- What social stigma does society need to get over already? Intolerance of racial, ethnic and religious differences. Intolerance of opinions that differ from ours. Drawing lines of division. We kinda need to take a good close look at ourselves and see that what we’ve become is not a good thing.
- What was the last photo you took? Um. Oh yes. I recently adopted two of my daughter’s cats because of an impending change in her life (good) that required that she reduce her pet population. The last photo I took was to show her one of them – the one that likes to help in the kitchen. How does Shasta feel about this? She has reservations, but they each have designated areas to enforce separation for parts of each day.
- When was the last time you snooped and found something or found out something you wish you hadn’t? Oh, many many years ago. But I only wish I hadn’t because it reduced the trust involved in a relationship – although suspecting something and not knowing is worse, I think.
- What’s the most comfortable bed or chair you’ve ever slept in? Toss-up. Many years ago my husband and I took a trip back east and one night we stayed in a Hampton Inn – the bedding and bed were so luxurious, just heavenly. As to chair? Well, that would be my big chair in my family room, where I nap (because I go in there to read after lunch, and napping always follows) and watch TV in the evenings.
- Gratitude: Spring. Greening foliage. The recent long weekend I spent with my daughter. Communications (mostly via text and some email) with my son and daughter frequently enough to calm a mother’s heart. My furry babies. On a more materialistic level, my Instant Pot.
My new furry kids, watching my robot vacuum run around outside their area. This is part of quiet time, all of us in our own areas.