It’s 10:52, do you know where your kids are? Yes, indeed I do. Eufy is working in the family room, Shasta is napping in her big chair. If it were p.m. rather than a.m., they would both be in bed. I keep up with things here!
Now that that’s taken care of, it’s time to share with Melanie.
- Are you thin or thick skinned? Are you easily offended or tend to let it just roll off your back like a duck does with water? I think in my younger days I was more thin-skinned than I am now. Usually things that could offend roll off my back, although sometimes totally innocent comments will make me think for a moment or so – “should I be concerned?” In reality, I think our society spends far too much time being offended. We all need to get lives.
- How important are morals in a healthy society? What are the most important morals for citizens to have? (Credit to Rory for this question) Morals are very important – without them we are nothing more than barbarians. Those virtues that I believe are most important are empathy, courage, honesty, tolerance.
- What will your epitaph be? Epitaph?! Say what!? That would imply I’ve died – that’s not on my list of things to do. Yes, I know – not a choice. I’m going to be cremated, there will be no place for an epitaph. Moot point.
- (I don’t admire either/or questions much, which is why you won’t see ‘em often. Today is an exception) French toast, pancakes or waffles? Probably French Toast, unless my mood changes. Then pancakes. Waffles are a rare craving for me to have. The French Toast has to be made with a thick sliced bread and a custardy dipping mixture.
- What were you grateful for this past week? Sunshine, warmth – relative thing, of course, but warmer than normal temps. The same thing I do not want in the summer. Conversations with my kids and friends. Bird song, squirrel antics, my furry girl.
Then grew some trees, but I wasn’t happy, so it morphed to this
Where it will go from here I do not yet know.