At risk of going in to post overload here, now I’m going to join Embeecee in getting to know one another.
1. Who are you named after? I don’t think I was named “after” anyone – I suspect I was given a name my parents liked for whatever reason. No drama there.
2. Last time you cried? Probably at a movie involving an animal that got hurt, physically or emotionally. That’s what usually gets the tears going.
3. [Which do you prefer], Soda or water? Used to be soda – I used to have a can/bottle of Pepsi with me at all times. Nowadays, it’s water.
4. What is on your favorite pizza? When I visited my dear friend in Santa Fe a few years ago, we had a Margherita pizza – lots of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Yum!
5. [What is your] Favorite flower? I have two favorite flowers – peonies and lilacs.
6. Do you still have your tonsils? I think so.
7. Would you bungee jump? This one is simple. No. I’m pretty sure the impact at the end of the cord would simplify pull me apart. I have old joints and bones.
8. Did you go to college? Business college and a few night courses.
9. [Do you] Untie your shoes to take them off? I no longer have shoes that tie. I replaced the laces in my sneakers with Hickies – much simpler. But when I did wear shoes with laces, I usually untied before I took them off.
10. Roller Coasters? Nope.
11. [What is your] Favorite ice cream? Generally some kind of chocolate, but this summer I’ve bought vanilla and topped it with smashed up peaches or strawberries.
12. [What is your] Favorite thing to do? Walk on the ocean beach.
13. Are you in Love? With my life, my furry girls, my Gep and my Kat. My friends. What more could I want?
14. [Do you prefer] Shorts or jeans? In my youth, shorts. Now, jeans or leggings.
15. What are you listening to right now? The birds twittering outside my windows. Silence. Those are my favorite sounds.
16. [What is your] Favorite Color? Blues and derivatives thereof. Blues, turquoises, purples. Brights. I like brights.
17. Tattoos? One. A dragonfly on my ankle. Oh yeah, and my eyebrows. I’m not a big fan of being poked.
18. Hair color? Blondish. Most of the pigment of my hair is gone now, so it’s a mixture of very light blonde and gray.
19. [What is your] Eye color? Blue.
20. [What is your] Favorite thing to eat? Food. Depends really on the mood. Sometimes I crave chocolate, sometimes salty, sometimes healthy.
21. [Do you prefer] Scary or Happy endings? Happy. I think, deep down inside, I’m a bit of a romantic.
22. Android or iPhone? iPhone now. Recently switched.
22. Car? As opposed to bike or horse? Yes. One that cooperates and gives me no trouble.
24. [What is your] Favorite holiday? Any holiday spent with those I love. I really don’t have a favorite otherwise.
25. [Which do you prefer] Beer or wine? My life is not so black and white – in warm weather, in sit on the front deck weather, a beer in late afternoon is good. But most of the year, I prefer wine. Red, although a Chardonnay is good now and then.
26. [Are you a] Night owl or morning [person]? I used to be a night owl. I think now I’m a little more of a morning person. At least at home, if something is going to actually get done, it’ll be in the morning.
27. [What is your] Fave day of week? Since I’ve retired, each day is much the same.
28. [Do you prefer] Coffee or Tea? First thing in the morning, coffee. In the winter during the day, herbal tea.
29. [What is your] Favorite hobby? Napping? Okay, for real – that, too, varies. I go through stages of different creative endeavors. Right now it’s alcohol inks. Reading is always a favorite too.
30. Pets? Usually I have both cats and dogs but right now I have two big dogs. One is very old, one is middle-aged – the middle-aged one has become very possessive of me since husband died, and does not favor sharing me with a cat.
And there you have it! Won’t you join in? I’ve made it difficult to copy the questions, I know, but Embeecee has made it much simpler, so head on over there to copy questions, then paste them in your own post.
Some of my alcohol ink paintings: