I think I’ll play today, just because I feel like it. Or because I’m procrastinating about getting outside to rake pine needles. Or both. Whatever, it’s time to share my world with Cee.
1. If you have been to a foreign country name those you have been too? I’ve been to Mexico, Canada, England, Poland, South Korea, China, Vietnam – I think that’s it. I’d like to add more to that list, but not sure that’s going to happen.
2. Is the glass half empty or half full? What type of glass is it and what is in the glass? This is one of those “it depends” questions. Most of the time the glass is half full, but some days it is half empty. Life can’t be happy and optimistic all of the time you know – we wouldn’t know how to really appreciate it when it is if there weren’t some of those half empty days. So I’ve been told. As for what’s in it, most often it would be lemon water, or plain water. In the evening, a glass or so of red wine.
3. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? But it wouldn’t be my only food, would it? Goodness. I’m not sure. I seem to eat a lot of tomatoes, most often on my standard lunch sandwich with turkey, mayo and fresh spinach. The problem here is I tire of most foods after I’ve been eating them for awhile. Endless supply . . . so when my supply ran out, it would automatically replenish itself? Once upon a time, I think I would have said potatoes, but now I don’t eat them so often. Listen, can I twist this one around and have my endless supply be whatever food it is I’m gorging on this week? With the right to change it as needed?
List: List at least five places worth shopping. Like Cee, I’m not crazy about shopping and it’s rare for me to just shop for the “pleasure” of it. We don’t have a lot of choices nearby, but I guess I could list those places I seem to go most frequently.
1. Amazon – like Cee, Amazon Smile. Because I am an Amazon Prime member, can get virtually anything I want there, and it arrives quickly. Without having to drive 30 miles to a local store, if we have a local store that carries what it is I’m looking for at the moment.
2. Grocery store – most often I go to Sherm’s Thunderbird, but sometimes Fred Meyer. Then there are those trips to Grocery Outlet where I find bargains.
3. Ross-For-Less deserves a look-see periodically.
4. Costco – because I just love to wander through and see what I cannot live without this trip. It’s 75 miles away though, so this is not a weekly stop.
5. Bimart – where I get prescriptions, dog treats, and all drugstore items.
I would love to add Apple.com, or the store, to this list, but the cost prohibits shopping there very often.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I’m grateful for the beautiful fall weather we’ve been having, warm but not too warm with nights that have a little bit of a bite to them. I’m grateful for having time in the mornings to sit with my coffee and look out my window to watch nature’s furry and feathered friends.
I am looking forward to finding my “on” switch and getting some of the pine needles raked up – already we have piles of them, so I think it’s going to be one of those winters of never-ending raking.