Today I am putting the cruise on pause and taking the time to play along with Cee once again.
1. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? I neither believe nor disbelieve on this one – I suspect there very well could be, in which case I would hope they are wise enough to stay hidden from us, for fear we might decide to visit their planet, maybe even move in. We seem to be poor caretakers of our planet, and I would not want to spread that bad habit.
2. What type of pet or pets do not want to have? Several of the ones we had when the kids were growing up: mice, rats, snakes, a tarantula. I often think a ferret would be fun, although I’ve heard the stories and know that I would undoubtedly regret that choice. I’ll stick with dogs and cats.
3. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I think I would have to be one of Cee’s rainbow crayons, because the color I would choose today would probably not be the color I would choose tomorrow. I’d prefer not to be locked into a box and have to be just one color for the rest of my life.
4. What type of transportation would you be? Why? A bus, I think. A very nice, comfortable, air-conditioned bus. One in which people could sit in spacious seats with room for their legs. One in which people could read, or look out the window, or watch something on their laptop or tablet, or visit, or snooze.
5. Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I could get in a rut with this question, so I’ll try to answer specifically about the last week. In other words, answer the question that was asked. I am grateful that I have a warm house in which I could cocoon while the winds blustered and howled outside and the raindrops fell, sometimes changing to white flakes falling. I am grateful that Kat returned from her spring break trip safely and that Gep has some breathing room ahead of him now with his spring break nearing. I am grateful for the Sunday afternoon shared with friends at a movie followed by dinner. In the week coming up, I am looking forward to accomplishing another one or two (at least) of the items on my to-do list and the possibility of a few cloudless, sunny days.
As is my habit, I’d like to share a few photos taken during this past week with you. Our days were mostly cloudy, with the sun peaking through briefly now and then. The spring birds continue to return and treat me with visits to the tree outside my morning window.