It is a gray day here following a week of spring and I have opted to stay inside and play. No work today, all play. It really is not a plot to inundate you with posts, but it seemed a good time to get back into the groove with sharing my world with Cee – and all of you.
1. What is your most favorite smell/scent? Freshly baked bread, baby powder, newly mown grass. Lilacs in bloom, a bouquet of peonies. Something cooking in the oven, or a soup or stew on top of the stove. Although I do not have a good sense of smell, those will always draw me in and awaken the drool mode – well, almost all of them do that. Baby powder, lilacs, peonies and newly mown grass don’t make me drool, but I do love the smell.
2. How do you write: computer, longhand or other? If I’m scribbling notes or lists, longhand. But for writing – like this blog post or a letter or thoughts or anything that I want to be more than just facts or notes, always the computer. I seem to think better with fingers on a keyboard. That also eliminates the need to decipher what I’ve written later. My handwriting has deteriorated with time.
3. Your favorite blog post that you have written? (add link) To answer this would require going back and reading every single blog post. Then making a decision. I don’t know – someone else would have to be the judge of that. Sorry, copping out on this one.
4. What’s one of your favorite books from childhood? Is this a memory test this week? The books I remember reading and enjoying when I was probably around 10 or thereabouts were The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. I was an insatiable reader but I still rarely remember titles of books – or movies – or songs. What can I say?
5. Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? An easy one. I’m grateful to be home again, I’m grateful to have had the opportunity to go on the cruise, to spend time with my friend. I’m grateful for the past few days of spring during which I got quite a lot of yard cleanup done, and I am grateful for a rainy day or so – my body is really grateful. I’m grateful – always – that my kids have found lives they are loving. I’m grateful for my friends. The week coming up? I am looking forward to arising every day, to breathing, to having time to do some of the things I want to do and some of the things I need to do. Living – it’s a wonderful thing, bumps and all.
There are some things blooming in my house just now, and a few things blooming in the yard – very early this year. Here are those things: