It has been a busy week, what with appointments, errands, household chores and repair jobs, and I have had little time to think about blogging. Alright, I will confess I have also spent some time in front of the TV, watching Olympics events – but that is my patriotic duty, right? In any case, I am taking time now to sit down and spit out a few words in response to Cee’s weekly challenge to share my world.
1. Have you watched or plan to watch any of the 2014 Winter Olympics? Oh! Got a little ahead of myself and answered this one already. Yes. I have and do.
2. What is your favorite winter Olympic event? Would you ever want to be an expert in that sport? My favorite is figure skating. I love the grace and beauty of the sport, all mixed in with the incredible strength and athleticism required. The sparkly costumes also attract my attention because I do like my sparkly things. Would I want to be an expert? Nah, I don’t think so. I can enjoy it without a whole lot of knowledge about it.
3. Have you ever met an Olympic Athlete? No, I haven’t. Oh wait! Yes, I have as a matter of fact. We met Nancy Kwan in Arrowhead, California several years ago when she trained there. Such a pretty, tiny little thing with so much talent.
4. Do you have a favorite athlete? Name sport. Nancy Kwan was my favorite when she was competing. Now, I can’t think of anyone but I would call any athlete that has strong values, puts family and helping others first, a favorite. I’d so like it if our athletes would always remember that they are role models for our youth, whether they want to be or not.
5. What is your favorite exercise or sport? Is there a reason why? Umm. I hate exercising, unless it can be concealed as an enjoyable activity, something fun. So, exercising for me would be walking and/or swimming. Favorite sport? To participate in or to watch? Makes a difference you know. To watch would be figure skating, and football is okay too. To participate in? When I was in high school part of our PE class was archery. I’d like to do that again.
While so many of you have been deluged with the wrath of Old Man Winter and Mother Nature, we have had an unusually warm and dry winter. The past couple of days (and, if we can believe our weather forecasters, the next couple to come) have been wet however – rainy wet, not the cold white stuff. And when the weather outside is just too wet, at least one of my girls finds ways to amuse herself inside.
To all of you, a day filled with enough.