Daily Prompt: Life After Blogs

Today’s Daily Prompt is “Life After Blogs”. Wait! Are we sure there is one? The prompt says “Your life without a computer. What does it look like?”

20130728-143508.jpg
Empty. That’s what it looks like. Without a computer, how would I shop? We live in an area with few choices for stores, and certainly no specialty items. Life without a computer would be life without Amazon, email, silly games, digital photos to play with. Life without a computer would be life without blogs and my bloggy friends.

Life without a computer would be. Empty.

Advertisements

About Carol

I'm me - nothing unusual, just me. Widowed, 2 grown children who are my best friends, 2 dogs, 1 cat, retired, loving being retired. I am woman, I am strong.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Daily Prompt: Life After Blogs

  1. Pingback: SciFi WiFi | Cheri Speak

  2. jay53 says:

    I’m afraid it’s true: computers do enrich our lives and make it easier to be sociable without ever leaving home. My son’s partner is finding online grocery shopping invaluable now she has the twins, and she can stay in touch with everyone and line us all up on schedules to help out!

    For myself, the computer with it’s forums and social media makes it SO much easier to fund-raise and organise events for the greyhounds. We have a website which has increased our adoption rates 100%, and a Facebook page which keeps everyone in touch and up to date with events etc. I’ve never done it any other way, so I’d be lost. Even the event I was at today was notified, accepted, booked, finalised and planned to the last detail online, and the photos for the display and the hand made greetings cards were designed/cropped/etc online and printed from the computer! Good heavens – I have NO idea how else we’d have raised £3,000 in 9 days without the help of online donation pages and publicity!

    So, what would I do without it? Read more, garden more, and get out and about more – and write letters!

    Like

    • Carol says:

      My magazines and books are all digital now. So even for that, I need a computer device. As to writing paper letters and sending them by regular mail – that’s so slow. The instant gratification thing, you know.

      “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why we call it the present.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

      Like

  3. Unplugging every now and then is one thing. But life WITHOUT A COMPUTER would certainly feel just like the photograph you posted – EMPTY.

    Like

  4. Isn’t it a miracle that we can do so much through the internet, Carol? The Ancients would surely call it magic!

    Like

  5. Pingback: Daily Prompt; Life After Blogs | terry1954

  6. My life without a computer looks exactly like the San Diego Zoo because that’s where I go when I want to get away from the computer anyway. Fortunately, I also don’t have a smartypants phone, so when I leave the computer at home, I really am away from it!

    Like

  7. Pingback: The Day They Packed My Computer #fiction #challenge | Moondustwriter's Blog

  8. Pingback: What if we had our computer taken away? | Okay, what if ?

  9. Ruth says:

    The best part of the internet is “meeting” fellow bloggers and reading interesting posts and seeing their photographs, learning about other parts of the world. I will think about unplugged more often.

    Like

  10. Kathy says:

    I am so tempted to do this daily prompt,Carol, thank you–although am thinking of it from a different angle. 🙂

    Like

  11. Heather says:

    Life without a computer would mean finding an entirely different life! I work from my computer on my couch. I’m not sure I could cope! And no Amazon? Gosh, I might just have to make do with local choices. 😉

    Like

  12. lisa says:

    Depending on the report, I found that of the 7 billion people in the world, only about 2 billion have a computer and/or access to the Internet. That’s only around 34% of the world’s population! Makes you wonder how the other 66% spend their time! Computers are certainly a blessing as well as a curse, aren’t they?! Very interesting topic to ponder.

    Like

  13. Joanne says:

    We DID survive without the computers once, didn’t we Carol? No wait, that could have just been a bad dream I’m remembering! I would miss my bloggy friends way too much if I didn’t have blogs any more, but this will never happen, no it won’t! Sending a hug today to you Carol. xx

    Like

I'd love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s