A few days ago catbirdinoman passed along to me an award which she had received and she richly deserved, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I have her notification in my inbox, flagged so I’ll do something about it, but memory being what it is, I decided I should not linger too long before responding. So here is my best attempt.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Done
3. State 7 things about yourself. Coming
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to them. This is where I have a problem
5. Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
Seven things about myself – presumably things I’ve not already shared although I doubt there is much I haven’t shared. But I’ll try, really I will.
1. I try to see the good in all things. I am not always successful because I am human.
2. My life would be easier and cheaper if I didn’t have animals. But there would be a huge empty space where each of them dwells in my heart.
3. I grow weary of winter by February – but you already know that, don’t you? I lived for several years in Southern California, where there is no winter to tire of, but I missed having real seasons. You can’t have it all, so I elected to have a winter to grow weary of.
4. I’m practicing drinking tea. Crazy, huh? I’ve never liked tea, but sometimes I want something hot and I’ve already had enough coffee, so tea seemed the answer. As long as it doesn’t taste like tea, I’m fine. So far Honey Vanilla Chamomile and Pomegranate are my favorites.
5. I’m finding the older I get the more I want to travel. I’m wondering why these urges didn’t hit me when I was much younger and maybe could have done more about it. Travel meaning to other countries – I’ve already traveled most of the US. Although that was several years ago and I could do it again.
6. There were times when I was raising my children that I wondered what had made me think I wanted children – mostly during those two-year old tantrum times. Now I don’t know what I’d do without my children. They fill a much larger space in my heart than my furry girls.
7. I know how many hits my blog posts get, but I wonder if that’s an accurate accounting of how many people read them. There is a lot of satisfaction in knowing that they’re read, and more in the thought that people enjoy them. There is also the wondering if I do this for me or for you. I think the answer is both.
Now on to those who are being nominated, all blogs I read regularly. I’m not sure I’ll get to fifteen, although if you are on my blogroll I feel you are deserving – it’s just that sometimes my world makes demands. These are listed in alphabetical order, or at least that’s my intent.
1. Dawn of Change is Hard . Dawn writes of her work with highway safety, trucking safety – forgive me Dawn, if I don’t have that precisely correct – and her lovely little Sheltie, Katie.
2. Karma’s When I Feel Like It who writes about many things in a most interesting manner. I think she must be a very gracious lady.
3. Kathy of Lake Superior Spirit. Kathy explores the universe and its meaning in a delightful way and often includes lovely photos.
4. Lisa of Peripheral Perceptions. Lisa participates in some memes that require her lovely photos and meaningful quotes and words. She also shares life with her delightful granddaughter, Peanut.
5. Heather, who moved to Michigan and shares photos she takes on the many hikes she and her husband take. She also shares thoughts worth reading.
6. Suzicate of the Water Witch’s Daughter. Suzicate has just published two books that are excellent reads pondering the meaning and lessons of life. She is amazing!
7. Naomi of Writing From the Edge. Naomi has a most interesting family of story tellers and I so enjoy sharing their adventures vicariously.
There are many others who are deserving, but I think I’ll stop at seven very deserving ladies. Go for it, gals!