I was nominated for a couple more awards recently – “recently” being a relative term after all. I thought today I would respond and say a proper thank you.
First was the One Lovely Blog Award from Rainbow Bakery.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and share a link to that blog – link is above, and my thank you is this post.
2. Attach the award icon to your site – proudly done in this post.
3. Share seven random bits of information about me. The problem with this one is that each award has this requirement and I have shared seven random bits about me a few times, so I’m not entirely certain I have seven more random bits. We shall see what words these fingers produce.
1. I would like to be a rebel and wear mismatched socks.
2. I am too conservative to be a rebel.
3. I am too liberal to be a conservative. Does that mean I have no place in this society?
4. I would like to have a magic carpet to take me wherever I want to go. No charge.
5. I have thought of volunteering with our local Humane Society.
6. I dare not volunteer with our local Humane Society as the budget will not support more pets than the four we have.
7. Almost through! Surely there is one more juicy tidbit stored somewhere in this brain. I’m a singing competition reality show addict.
The second award that I’d like to say thank you for is the Reader Appreciation Award, given me by Starry Eyed Photos.
The requirements attached to this award are much the same, with a little variation.
1. Thank the blogger and share a link – the link is above, my thank you to Starry Eyed Photos is this post.
2. Display the icon – except I did not find an icon on Starry Eyed’s post. At least not viewing it on my iPad. Sorry!
3. Answer some specific questions, which are:
1. Your favorite color: Already you’ll find me dodging the question. I normally answer blue or purple, but yet when I’m looking at yarn I find myself more drawn to autumn colors.
2. Your favorite animal: Those with four legs. Okay, I’ll try to be more specific, and say what is most common, I suspect. Dogs and cats. Hard to choose between the two. Dogs are such wonderfully loyal creatures and are nice for going on walks. But cats are such cuddly, warm and soft creatures – at least some of them. I have one that is and one that is not.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink: Really? Are there non-alcoholic drinks? Seriously, I would say water first, then pomegranate lemonade. I do not like milk, although in my old single days I would sometimes make a huge pot of chili and a glass of milk was good with that.
4. Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, although it seems to be getting inundated with commercial posts. It’s how I try to keep up with my grandkids and some friends, although it appears the grandkids might be doing more with Twitter now. I have an account with each and I have the Facebook app. I’ve downloaded the Twitter app twice and deleted it twice.
5. Your Favorite Pattern: Not entirely certain I have one. I am not a huge fan of polka dots (why are they called “polka” dots?), and I don’t like a Jacobean pattern. Otherwise, whatever catches my eye at the moment.
6. Do You Prefer Getting or Giving Presents: I love getting presents, but I also love giving them – I would like to give presents for no reason whatsoever – I just don’t do it very often.
7. Your Favorite Number: Five. 5. Why? Have no idea!
8. Your Favorite Day of the Week: The current day, whatever that might be. Because if I am aware it’s a day, that means I woke up and was able to get out of bed. That makes it a good day!
9. What is Your Favorite Flower: Peony. Any color, single or double.
10. What is Your Passion: Living.
We’ve now reached the part where I always fail. I am to nominate bloggers for each of these awards. I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again – I cannot do that. If I am reading your blogs, it is because I love them. If you are reading my blogs, it means I love you (because I do love attention after all). So, please, please – if you feel like participating, grab whichever award you prefer and go with it! That’s the very best I can do here.